This week I hit up Katies. I have been seeing all the other bloggers advertising their clothing, which got me intrigued. I haven’t been to Katies for a very long time and all of a sudden the brand was popping up everywhere (even on my fb page)….I had to see what all the fuss was about. Guess what, I was quite surprised.
First up this cute summer dress, which is screaming 70’s (all the rage this season). I really like it, it’s a good length, colour and print. I would wear it with tan sandals or cute block heel (like the one from Witchery). It would be an easy to wear item for the summer months.
Katies Shift Dress
I really like these cute cropped sateen print pants, (a few prints to choose from). A cropped pant works so well for summer, perfect for the office with a block heel and solid block coloured top. Like a pair of good tailored shorts, a pair of pants like these will look good for all occasions.
Cropped Sateen Pant
Found this great batwing top, it’s cotton so very light weight and breathable – and it’s in one of my favourite colours…Coral. Team with some jeans, tan sandals and bag and you are ready to get out the door. An easy to wear top that I love.
Katies was quite a surprise, I liked quite a lot of the stock they had on display. The best thing was the reasonable, affordable price of all their clothes. Ill be heading back in the future.
This week we were scouring the racks at Seed Heritage and found some absolute beauties. We have nailed it down to our top three.
Cocoon Frill Dress – totally loving this dress, it is very cute and being black you will can and will wear it for all occasions. This dress will look like perfection with some strappy heels for an cocktail event, but will also look super cute with some flat lace up sandals on a nice warm night. Just add a cute clutch, some earrings a cuff – and your off.
Our next pick is also another dress, this one is a lot more casual but this dress will get a lot of wear over the summer months. The lace up striped dress has a tie up front detail to add a little something extra.The tee shirt dress is on our wardrobe staple list meaning it is a “must have” for all. This style of dress is easy to wear and perfect for the beach, casual weekend running around and catch up’s. Wear it with sandals or a pair of havaianas, place a fedora on your head and your ready.
Lace up striped dress
Next up we chose the Denim Cap – as I need a new one. I was after a leather cap, but came across this one and thought it would be much more practical and would go with more. It will be easy to sun smart and safe with this little beauty.
What do you guy think of this weeks list? Check back next week to see what we have found. xx
I’m sure I’ve mentioned before, that I am more of a shorts person that a dress type of gal, even though I have purchased two dresses in the past month…(shh don’t tell Scott). Shorts for me work better with my lifestyle and body shape. I have two sports obsessed boys who I am either playing some one on one basketball with or kicking the footy – shorts work better for both.
Lets move out of those pants this summer and shine some sun onto those legs. Though take some points into consideration;
Make sure the shorts your wearing or buying are right for your body shape.
- Consider your height, longer shorts create the impression of shorter legs, while shorter shorts lengthen the leg, giving the impression of height.
- Look for shorts that have clean, straight lines. The large pockets on cargo pockets tend to draw attention to your hips and thighs. Instead, opt for shorts in fun bright colours, or a print. Dark-coloured shorts are also slimming and can look both casual and sophisticated paired with the right shoes.
- Nothing but your legs should be sticking out from the bottom of your shorts. This goes for the pockets of jean shorts, underwear, and anything else your shorts cover. Once you’ve hit the big 3-0, cut back on embellishments and short short hemlines. Look to structured lines to polish your look. In your 40s+ Reach for longer lengths and tailored detailing for a chic sophisticated look.
What a perfect item for your summer wardrobe. A basic light weight and easy to wear the Striped Tee Dress is another item we think you need to get. A striped tee dress is cute, comfy and flattering. Wear it your way!
- To Work with a blazer or cute cardigan (for the office air con) and ballet flats and a statement necklace
- To the beach with the trilby hat and havaianas
- On the weekend or casually with a belt, scarf and cute sandals
- possibilities are endless all with one item
How are you wearing yours?