The idea of mixing or even wearing prints can seem a bit out there…..or possibly not a good idea. But it can be done, as you should of done during our #dailystyledares last week. So here’s a little inspiration to get you on your way.
To do it right you need to remember a couple of things;
- the easiest being to mix prints within a similar colour scheme – this way the print ties and blends together, while still making a bold statement.
- If your pieces don’t share a color within their prints, a similar background colour, like brown, black, white, or grey, becomes important.
- An easy way to start mixing prints is to wear Stripes and Polka Dots together – or the same print. Wearing both in a black and white colour scheme, will keep it chic and stylish.
- Leopard print goes with everything – so does stripes, even together!
- Keep your prints to only 2, its easy on the eye and you can see the outfit as one, anymore than 2 say 3 it becomes a bit much and too loud – and no one will know where to look
- Use a small and large print – not both of the same, again more to do with the effects of the eye and confusing them
Now head to your wardrobe pull out a print and start matching it – give yourself your own fashion parade and have fun!