We all know that layering is the key to warmth in the colder months. By adding leggings / stockings, vest, jacket, beanie, hat or scarf we can keep the chilly winds at bay.
I love the look of a shirt with a knit over the top or even a long lined waterfall cardigan with a vest. Who doesn’t love the look of warmth! Coming into the coldest part of the year – we need to make sure our wardrobe has the versatility and warmth we require. There is some key points to remember when layering in the colder months, you are concerned that you’re going to look huge from all the layering (I guarantee that you won’t – its a misconception, by using thin wool knits you will look great)
Our top tips are:
- Start with a basic thin lightweight top or shirt (striped long sleeve or chambray shirt are our favs)
- The next layer is to be a lightweight soft knit cardigan or sweater.
- Then add your jacket or vest (puffer or faux fur)
- A scarf and a hat – will work well, maybe even some gloves if its really cold.
- Then add a hero accessories to tie it all in.
Would love to know your secrets to staying warm this winter. xx
(images sourced from pinterest)